Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Angels and Airplanes!

My first little circle of light joyfully showed itself last Monday as I was tearfully leaving North Carolina. Walking away from my beautiful, naturally perfect dog was hard enough. Then, leaving my parents at the airport, my tears flowed even more freely. As I boarded the plane I managed to get my tears under control, but they were there--barely under the surface. A very kind gentleman, Bill offered to let me put one of my bags under the seat in front of him, to keep me from having to check my larger carry-on. Before the plane even began to roll, I had already started with my tears. Bill on one side and Travis on the other talked with me the whole trip. They asked me questions about my year, told me a little about their lives and let me talk about my family and friends. It was remarkably healing. As I was disembarking the plane between the two of them, I realized that God himself had put his hand out and held me tight when I just couldn't make it on my own. He sent me two wonderful angels, Bill and Travis, to bring me comfort and remind me why I was leaving all the things I love most behind.

Orientation this week (extended due to Hurricane Irene) has been a life-changing experience in itself. I can't wait to see what the year brings! Thank you all for your loving support and prayers!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks!! ;D I miss having you at PSF, but I am so happy that you are doing this! Keep the posts comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear how God is guiding you! Our prayers at the MPC Youth Group are with you!

    ReplyDelete